Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Joy

So in my whole 7 months of parenting, there are a few things that make my heart just well up with joy. Feel free to disagree, but for me these few things make being a mommy amazing!

1. Being the only one to calm her.
Okay, I know this is a little twisted but it pulls at my heart strings when Lila is upset and the only person that she wants is ME! It makes me feel so special and loved.

2. When she is finally good for strangers.
In opposition to the point above, it makes my heart over flow when she feels comfortable with people other than me or her dad.

3. When she melts into my arms.
So we were at the doctors office yesterday and after her shots I nursed her like always. When I sat her up to get us ready to leave I literally felt her melt into her dreamland in my arms. It was a moment I will not forget.

4. Nursing
Now I know nursing isn't for everyone and some people have a hard time with it. But for Lila and I it is a super special time. We both get some calm one on one time. We get to have special talks, she get to hear my off key singing, and in those moments her little body stills my heart.

5. In the beginning... poop
When we first brought Lila home, she wasn't pooping and with jaundice, pooping is even more crucial. After about 6 days we finally got a poop. Her dad and I cheered and praised her endlessly for a simple bodily function.

6. Rolling, crawling, standing, and walking
I'm grouping these together because I had the same reaction everytime she reached one of these physical milestones. Pure joy and amazement. (We are still waiting on true walking)

7. Teeth!!
This is another slightly twisted one. I kid you not, my child has been teething for MONTHS. The morning I woke up and Lila wanted to chew on my finger and I felt that tooth...well let's say I may have shed a tear of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment